Saturday, June 11, 2011

Transfer 10 Week 6

Holy holy, holy moly. First off, I just heard the "f" bomb at least 5 times in the past 3 minutes. And they're talking about smoking and fighting...and the mother is encouraging her son to fight this other guy. I'm shocked at the world. I am so thankful for the missionary life style where I'm away from the grossness of the world. Gross. Thank goodness for a gospel that teaches children manners and how we're supposed to treat each other!! But in the same breath I have to be careful not to judge. Everyone is a child of God with great potential. This gospel is made for absolutely everyone. No one is left out of Heavenly Father's great plan of Salvation.

So this week has been GREAT!!! Well, really, what week isn't great. I'm thoroughly impressed with the caliber of the people we're teaching. Honest to goodness this is the best I've been doing my whole mission. First off, we met with two folks that have been baptized since I've been here, Mike and Elizabeth and then Ben and Nancy Clark. THEY ARE ALL SO AMAZING!!! They love each other and have their eyes set on the best place in the world: the temple. I've already made commitments to be at Ben and Nancy's sealing in the SLC temple in April, and then Mike and Elizabeth's sealing in the Reno temple in May/June. I am so thrilled for them and their progress.

Calvin is doing great. We find out tonight if he'll be able to be baptized on Saturday. We've fasted for understanding and faith, and so no matter what happens we'll know it's what God wants done. We've just been so blessed with him being in our lives. I love him more than life. It's kinda scary how much you love these people. Jacqui is continuing to do AMAZING!! She recently received a Priesthood blessing for strength and faith with giving up coffee. It was an AMAZING experience because everything Brother Steimle said in the blessing just spoke straight to Jacqui's heart. She was wiping away tears throughout the whole thing, and I only knew that because I was busy writing her blessing down. God loves her so much. He had so much to say to her in the blessing and it was just wonderful. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of the Priesthood power of God. Miracles are possible here on earth today still, through our faith and through the Priesthood. Her baptism date of July 16 is still a go, and she's really excited. We had an awesome lesson where we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end) while making smoothies. It was delicious and Jacqui's friend, Kris, and her daughter Olivia literally ate it up. ...wow, that's a lame joke. But that's okay. Oh, speaking of Jacqui--week 1 of me with no chocolate has been a struggle, but I'm doing it!! After the first day I decided it was going to be too easy so I added soda to the mix. I have never wanted it more in my life, but alas, I'd do absolutely anything for Jacqui. Our other investigators are doing well too, progressing slowly but surely. We're thankful for the trust Heavenly Father has in us to share the gospel with His children He loves so much.

I absolutely love this work. I am obsessed with General Conference issues of the Ensign. I'm thankful we have our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, here on the earth TODAY. What a huge blessing it is to have that direct mouthpiece from the Lord? Why wouldn't we have a prophet now? Is is because we don't need one? Because He doesn't love us anymore? Or because He simply has lost the power? OF COURSE NOT!!! We need a Prophet who speaks to God more now than we ever have ever before. He could never stop loving us just like a parent could never stop loving their child. And it would be blasphemous to say He's lost the power.

God lives, He loves us, and He speaks to us now. Just open your ears to hear, and you'll know just as I know.

love love love,
Sister Mack

0 comments: