Monday, July 11, 2011

Transfer 11 Week 2

Can I just start off with a little blurb about how amazing my dad is? Being that it was Father's day yesterday, I find it completely appropriate. My dad has always been a fine example to me. When the times got tough for my family, my dad got tougher. He prioritizes the gospel in his life and shares it with everyone. He truly takes to heart something that a member told us she said to an Elder in the MTC when he said he was worried about offending people. She said, "Why would they be offended?! I'm giving them the greatest gift they could ever have!!!" My dad has always been an example of scripture study and prayer. I'm thankful for him and glad that Heavenly Father allowed me to come down an be apart of my parents' family. They're both amazing.

This week was a little slower than normal, but still good. Our new District Leader was shocked when we read him our stats and I quickly followed them with "We had ~4 cancellations so we'll do better next week" and he was in shock. He said that we were doing amazing. Of course, you never let that go to your head because you're only doing as amazing as Heavenly Father blesses you to do. So I always have to keep that in mind. Always be humble because I'm not responsible for any of the work that's going on. Anyway, we got a couple new investigators and we're going to start having "group discussions" with all the teenagers we're teaching--so 4! They are all pretty excited and receptive to the idea of being taught together so it's "less awkward" to be taught on their own. Actually only one of them felt awkward, but we thought they'd all benefit from lessons taught together. We're super excited, too.

PAUL! Let me just tell you what a little miracle this guy is. When we met with him this past week he was a total GEM and you could see the change in his countenance!! So when he said, "oh, I've been reading the Book of Mormon" I KNEW it was true because the light in his eyes. Even though he has cancer and is struggling with being a single father, he STILL is sooooo eager to learn. I'm so thankful for little miracles like that. HE'S SOOO GREAT!! I'm so thankful for him. I wish I could show y'all a before and after picture. I also couldn't resist making the comment to him about how different he looked. He's just grown and changed and I'm so proud. He also said, "Please don't give up on me, ladies. I'm trying so hard and I really want to know." So we taught a lesson on faith by reading Ether 12 because he told us he wants nothing more than to know what we're teaching is true. He really felt a connection with Ether 12: 27 and was touched by that and decided to mark it right away. I'm so thrilled!!!!!!!!! AH I JUST LOVE RENO!!!!

Jo is also doing AMAZING!!! She is just so full of life and questions. Brian got sick this week, so we had to cancel. Jacqui also got really sick, so we went over there yesterday and made Morgan's dinner and cleaned her house for her while she was sitting on her couch wrapped up tight in a blanket. We got a couple members of the ward to come over and give her a beautiful blessing--and one of them happened to be a DOCTOR!! So he prescribed her medicine and called it in this morning. AND we got in contact with the relief society and they're going to bring her a couple meals today so she doesn't have to worry about it. Isn't our church just amazing? Me thinkest so.

I love absolutely everything I've learned this week. We had dinner with an older couple where we talked about the difference between knowing and believing. We just need to believe initially, and then we need to add faith to the mix. Belief + faith = knowledge. Our Heavenly Father will bless us for our determination to know. It just takes constant work. The "little" things. I also realized how important relationships are between parents and children in reading Elder Ballard's 2009 October General Conference talk. Read it, and apply. We can all improve. Heavenly Father put us in our specific families for a reason. We're here to strengthen each other ALL THE TIME!!! Family is the greatest!!!

I'm so thankful for this Gospel, for the joy it brings in my life. I'm thankful for my mission and how it's helped me recognize my potential and how I can achieve my salvation. I know God lives and He loves us. I know He's aware of what is going on in our lives DAILY. Everything is possible with God. He has a divine plan for each of us. Never forget that, and strive to share it with those around us who aren't as fortunate to know what we know.

I love you all so much. I hope you know that.

Love love love,
Sister Mack

0 comments: