Friday, October 2, 2009

Jenn: Dancer or Prancer?

Sooooo aside from the extremely exciting news that I've decided to go on a mission (I get more excited every day...and can't believe I'm going to be putting in my papers in November!!!), I am in an extremely "interesting" time in my semester.
SHOW TIME
That's right, kids. It's that time of year again. Well, sort of. The mini-show I'm in now is only two days and is a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical review entitled A Grand Night for Singing. However, as the cast now jokes, it seems that the "singing" part has been exchanged for "dancing." And we all know what that means. Jenn is dancing.

Now, the trillions of people that read this blog may think, "oh, surely Jenn isn't that bad" or other nice thoughts like that. But recently my director has called me a dancing bear. And I'm absolutely positive he wasn't referring to one of these refined bears, the girl bear who is on point. Connections were also drawn between myself and a gorilla. Not exactly what a girl wants to hear when she's supposed to be doing a "sexy" move.

Not only do I dance, but I'm an acrobat too!! I get thrown in the air. Yes, thrown. This is the same girl who needed at least a 45 minute rehearsal to get her to allow herself to be lowered to the side by three boys.

Oh, but not only am I lifted while singing, but thrown, turned, and lifted off a table whilst I do a scissor kick. Really, maybe I have been seeking the wrong branch of theatre. Musical theatre...no, that's not me. I need dance.

Sign me up.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I want to see this! You better have a video!

Julie said...

PS: That big bear is more impressive than the lady bear! HE is on skates!