Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wall-e and Me

Forget correct grammar...or whatever, Wall-e and me sounds good.

So after a rousing weekend of conference, one thing is for sure:
I CANNOT WAIT TO GO ON MY MISSION

And I'm ready to start preparing. I've decided to stop reading 3 Nephi and skip to the beginning...though how one skips to the beginning, I'll never understand. For those who don't know was 3 Nephi is, it's a book in the Book of Mormon, and it's one of my favorites because it's when Christ comes to the Americas. Cool, right????

So anyway, a couple years ago...actually, 5 years ago, my grandpa died and all the grandkids got to take a book from my grandparents' wide selection. And Justin (I believe) found my great Grandpa's Book of Mormon. I believe it's the one he took on his mission. The inside page says:
Wallace M. Hales
2555 N Sawyer
Chicago (something I can't read...L M? J M?)
October 17, 1916.
Spanish Fork, Utah

It's really cool. And old. I'll have to take pictures and jazz up this post with them. And it's filled with PINK pen notes (though my mom insists it once was red, I'd like to think that my great grandpa and I both have a good taste for pink things). So I've decided this round of reading the BoM, it's going to be with Wall-e (since my G-Gpa's name was Wallace...shortened it to Wall-e!!). Hence Wall-e and me. I'll probably document specific things I find while reading it, and I hope to feel closer to my G-Gpa as well as to my Savior.

But besides that, my goal from now until I return home from my mission is to fill a jar with "warm fuzzies" much like the ones President Monson received for his birthday from some primary kids.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Warm fuzzies!! Thats cool about the BOM and Wall-eeeeeeeeee! You seem to get more and more excited about your mission every day! WAHOO!

And isn't having a blog fun?

Jenn said...

hahahaha. Blog. You're the only person (aside from myself) that reads it. But I have fun with it!!

Angie Peterson said...

Hey, I read it and I'm a person, too!!!

Jenn said...

Yay, so I have a Julie AND an Angie who read my excellent blog!!! ;o)