Monday, August 29, 2011

Transfer 12 Week 4

I am in transfer 12, right? Man, it's not fair. Time is going by too fast. Ugh....

Anyway!! I had some amazingly spiritual experiences this week. Monday ended kind of tough. We found out that part of our area was smaller than we realized, and 2 investigators that we were going to set with a date dropped us. Everything that could have hit me did, and I was at a loss. Usually I can stay strong and get to the end of the day and turn to my scriptures and pray and be better, but then my companion told me she wanted to give up too, that she had no idea what to do with the area and everything we seem to be trying is backfiring. So, we stop our nightly planning session and found ourselves on our knees. I prayed with all the intent of my heart I could muster, my companion's sniffles letting me know that she was just as emotional as I pled with Heavenly Father to show us the way. We can only give so much--everything. I've been learning to give up everything to Him--my pride included. I've learned that I've been too prideful, neglecting to thank my Father for things He's blessed me with. But after the prayer, I felt the greatest sense of peace. My companion was still upset, so I comforted her to the best of my ability before finishing up our planning session and hittin' the hay. The next day at Zone meeting she was a little cold towards some of the Elders, but I went through zone meeting searching for an answer to my prayers. I knew it was coming, so I had to be on alert. The Zone Leaders did a nice little training that involved an obstacle course and some other nice things, so we went along with it. But my answer came at the very end. President Hyer, in the Stake presidency, came to our meeting and took a couple minutes at the end. He was so humble as he stood before us. "I know how hard you are all working. And I know work isn't going the way that all of us would like it to go. What you do doesn't go unnoticed. The rewards may not come here, now, but they will be reaped in the years to come. We support you, and we love you, and we want to help." I couldn't help but tear up as my prayers were answered. The work I've been doing isn't going unnoticed. The boldness with which I have been speaking isn't in vain, and the doors I knock aren't being knocked just for fun. I'm here working my heart and soul out so I can help people. I do it because I know the joy that can come from the Gospel of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Truth has been restored, and the healing powers we can find within are beyond our ability to fully comprehend. But it is where we find true joy. We contacted a man on the walk in to the library and he read my nametag and asked me if that's why I'm happy. I smiled and said, "There's nothing to be sad about when you're serving the Lord." There really isn't. I am so fortunate for this time. It breaks my heart that it's all going by so quickly. I don't know how it's already P-day again and I'm sitting here, writing another email home. I will not take a moment forgranted.

This gospel is the answer. It's the answer to any problem. I wish I had known this before my mission. I think I would have been spared some heartache. We can all use it--even if we feel that we already have it all.


I love you all so much. thanks for the letters of support and encouragement.

love love love,
sister mack

picture one: Vegas sunset :o)
picture two: We went hiking and we took a picture with the "minorities" in the mission--sisters (10 of us out of 170) and Spanish speaking Elders (30 of 170).




0 comments: