Monday, August 1, 2011

Transfer 12 Week 1

HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA (my newest phrase)

Well family, it was bound to happen. After being seperated for 10 months, I've come back and joined Vegas once again for the rest of my mission. It was so hard to leave Reno. I truly put my heart and soul into that area. I love the people there so much and am so thankful for the love they so freely gave me. I have witnessed so many miracles, and made so many dear friends. I hope they all know that I'll be back, and this past weekend wasn't the last time they'll see Sister Mack. I love you guys so much, Reno folk. I really do.

Aaaaaaaand now on to Vegas!!! IT IS SO STINKIN HOT DOWN HERE!!! I almost forgot what it was like to be super hot....almost. My new companion is Sister Knighton, and she's from Colorado. She came out with my first greenie baby, Sister Dixon, so she's been out just about 6 months now. So crazy!!!!!! My new area covers one ward and a singles ward. The work here is apparently goin okay, but I'm looking forward to tracting my whole area in one transfer just so I can say I did it, and then getting the members a bit more involved. It was so awesome, though, coming down and seeing some of my most favorite people again. There are some missionaries that I haven't seen in a while, so it was awesome catching up briefly. The only thing I'm worried about is the Singles ward. How the heck do you serve in a singles ward???? How do you build up relationships of trust of whatevs?? Weird. I'm excited though. I'm serving in the same stake that President and Sister Black live in and that means that we'll be going out with Sister Black a lot. I'm DEFINITELY excited about that. She's such a hoot and a joy to be around.

Worries? The place we live in only has a swamp cooler that takes an hour to really do something. AKA it's SO hot when we get home. And it's been humid as well (it rained for 3 minutes today!!). But I can't complain because I'll be getting a sick tan for when I come home.


BEST THING EVER, GUYS!!! I had the AWESOME opportunity to go out to lunch with a convert of mine, KENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been almost a year since he's been baptized and 10 months since I've seen him!!! I also got to see my favorite person in the world, Sister Johnson. It was so nice to see them both, it felt like home. It hit me when I saw the two of them how indebted I am to the Lord for serving a mission. He has graciously brought so many amazing people into my life for me to know and these people will forever be in my life. I am so thankful. I'll attach some pictures.

we are so blessed, y'all. I can't get over it. I'm excited to be loading on the sunscreen, drinking 6 gallons of water a week, and pounding the pavement in order to spread the word of the Lord. It's so true. I cannot deny it. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what keeps me knocking on doors in 110 degree weather.


sorry this is short, next week I'll have more to say I'm sure.


love love love,
sister mack.

ps, Sister woznow and I went to a pioneer day picnic this past week and competed in a pie eating contest. We both lost....miserably. But here's a picture of us before hand!!!


0 comments: