Monday, August 1, 2011

Transfer 11 Week 6

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamily!!!

This could be my last week in Reno or it could be the first of the next 12 here. Who knows. I hope that doesn't sound trunky. I'm fully aware of when I go home, and I think that's a blessing from the Lord because I know my time is short and I want to work so hard. I've been feeling burnt out from the past three weeks because we've been kicking our own butts. The Lord has set forth high expectations for me and I will do everything in my power to reach them. Thank goodness there is repentance for moments when I fall short of the calling and lose my patience, lose faith, or lose energy. He is here to pick me up the SECOND I ask Him to. How great is my calling.

JACQUI'S BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I just tell you how blessed we've been here in Reno to find and teach such amazing people?? Jacqui's baptism was amazing. She looked beautiful, the spirit was perfect, and there was absolutely nothing I would change. She has her nonmember friend Jodi there who felt the spirit so strong. We've revamped the way we do baptisms in our mission--one person giving a combined talk on Baptism and the Holy Ghost followed by a special musical number, then the ordinance of baptism, a brief welcome to the ward, and then it's over. President Black wants the main focus to be the baptism, of course. Watching Jacqui go down into the water was amazing, and my breath was taken from me. It never gets old to see someone in white be baptized and follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. While she was getting ready we also did a new thing they're starting to encourage--the missionaries doing a brief lesson on something (Restoration, Book of Mormon, etc etc). I felt inspired to have us do it on the Holy Ghost, and boy was the Spirit there!!! I spoke directly to Jodi most of the time, who was listening with apt attention. We explained 1-Who the Holy Ghost is 2-What he does and 3-How we can recognize him. We then bore bold testimony. I told everyone there that the Holy Ghost was present because what Jacqui did is true and right. I felt the Spirit strong as I said, "I bear witness as a humble servant of the Lord Jesus Christ that He lives." I felt it truly then. I know it. I know He lives. I know He lives more than anything else I know in life. He lives and He loves us. So much so in fact that He has restored His church on the earth today. It's here. It is here for our benefit. It is here for us to apply and use in our lives. The Atonement is here for us to repent. It is here for us to use in our lives. I simply cannot get over how fortunate we are.

Our other investigators are doing well. I can't complain except they're all getting baptized. Don't get me wrong, I feel so blessed that the Lord has sent choice people into our lives who want to follow the Savior. Now we just need to find more to replace the ones who are being baptized!! Chelsea was supposed to be baptized this coming weekend, but due to health reasons she won't be able to for a couple weeks. Bless her heart. Heavenly Father put her in our lives so we could help her feel of His love. She's such a sweet girl. She needs loves more than anyone else I've met. She's had a rough life, but that's why I'm so thankful for the Savior and His atonement. He can comfort her with exactness. How blessed are we to have that knowledge.

I love my mission. So much. Ugh, it breaks my heart to even think of being released. Poor President Ernst won't know what hit him when he releases me. I'm pretty sure he should have paramedics waiting just in case my heart stops beating. But that's still a ways off. I just wish time wouldn't fly so fast.

I love you all so much. Really.

love love love,
Sister Mack

0 comments: