Monday, October 17, 2011

Last. Email. WHAT?!

Sooooooooooooo this won't end up being too long...I really don't have much to say. I've ended my mission strong. We taught 116 lessons this transfer and we were blessed with 2 baptisms. We worked so hard, and that was a blessing in and of itself. We went to the temple on Thursday for a departing trip and I prayed to know that Heavenly Father has accepted my service as a missionary, and I had the sweetest confirmation. Man. I really don't know what to even say in this email!!!!

Tuesday was rough--my last zone meeting. I cried (go figure) as myself and another Elder who goes home with me shared our testimonies of how our mission has effected our lives so tremenously. But it was a good day after that. In fact, that's how most of the days went this week. I cried every day a little bit since tuesday--not because I feel like I need to stay--I know my time is up. I served the Lord as He has asked me to. But it doesn't make it any less devastating to leave these people you have loved so much and to leave behind the calling of teaching children of God who don't know about the gospel. It's been amazing.

Friday I had my departing interview with President Black. A couple Elders that I'm friends with waited for my interview to be over and man did I come out looking like a crazy person. I cried the moment I entered President's office, and he asked me questions about my mission and what it has meant to me. I don't really remember what I said, but he said, "You truly understand what Elder Holland says when it comes to his mission, don't you?" I nodded in agreeance. In one of the talks I gave on Sunday (because I gave two) I told the single's ward with conviction that no young lady has nor ever will love her mission as much as I have. It's true. I don't think that is even possible. Well, except I'm sure that every RM sister says that, but I mean it :o).

Franki's baptism was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I had an amazing surprise of Rachel Schwartz showing up to my baptism, too. It was amazing and weird to have both of my worlds combine for a moment--I was Jenn and Sister Mack all at once. It was good to see a piece of home. I love Rachel!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeeeeez. That night we also burned some stuff to signify the end of my mission and another Elder's mission. It was awesome and I got some great video footage. Sunday was sad, gave 2 talks to prep me for my homecoming talk. Said bye to people...but the best part is that I can get on facebook tomorrow and add them all. Weird, eh?

I wanted to share one last scripture before my time is done. Its 2 Timothy 4: 2, 5-8 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. (5) But watch thou in all things, endure affliction, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. (6) For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. (7) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: (8) Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."

I'm thankful for the gospel. I'm thankful for my mission and the profound effect that it has had on me and the way I look at my salvation. I know what the Lord requires of me, and I look forward to a lifetime of trying to live up to what He needs. I love Him so much.

....well guys, I'll either see you soon or talk atcha soon. Weird.

love love love,

Sister Mack

0 comments: