Monday, October 17, 2011

Transfer 13 Week 5

Glory glory!!! Who doesn't just LOVE General Conference???? I certainly love it with all my heart might mind and strength!! President Monson was a hoot, too. Isn't it amazing how amazing all the people that are called to be the Lord's mouthpieces in these latter-days? I'm so thrilled for everything. I love life!!! It loved Sunday AM session the most. It was just down-right amazing. I am so thankful for the words that were shared. I had prayers answered for me and the folks we're teaching. Heavenly Father hears our prayers and answers them in His time, and most often through the voice or means of other people.

I'm also so excited because we set two people with baptism dates this week!!! Robert, our racquetball-playing fiend agreed to be baptized on November 19!!! The only sad this is that I definitely won't be here for it, but that's okay. It's not about me witnessing it, it's about him doing it and making that huge change in his life. He's hilarious. The lesson we had with him, Sister Knighton and I actually had to go on exchanges for it because we had 2 appointments for 6:45. So I went to Roberts. Can I just say how thankful I am for companions? It is literally exhausting to teach by yourself. I tried using the members who took me as often as possible, but in the end I had to clarify and teach all the principles. I am so glad that Heavenly Father is wise in sending us in companionships--I could have never lasted doing this on my own. And thank goodness for my constant companion, the Holy Ghost!!! He helped me to pick up on any clue that Robert gave to keep the lesson moving forward (namely because he likes to talk a LOT and go off on bizarre tangents). I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to learn to listen to every prompting, no matter how small. Anywho, the other baptism is for Frankie (14 years old) on OCTOBER 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pray that everything works out becaues it'd be a dream come true to see him enter the waters of baptism while I'm here. They read and pray as a family, and the only concern was church attendance because they hadn't made it a habit. SO we gave them a bold-sauce talk and told them they had to commit, and they took it well and committed. SO EXCITED!!!!

Funny things? I may or may not have lost at least 5 brain cells this week? Why? Because our District Leader, Elder Fulbright, challenged my comp and I to a clean-off (since today is supposed to be a day of cleaning). So, me being who I am, we JUMPED at the opportunity for a good challenge. Somehow I found myself claiming the bathroom to clean (first mistake) and then discovered that it is very difficult to get rid of rust stains that have probably been there since the apartment's existance. So I probably did some bad moves as I mixed a couple chemicals...I also ended up hand-scrubbing the tile floor in the bathroom. I also decided it would be best to clean the shower with me in it...with the water on. So I took a shower with my clothes on, scrubbing everything in sight. Too bad for me that there is still some marks, but other than that our apartment looks great and smells like straight bleach. BAM!!!!!

Life is good. I should be seeing Jo (who I was teaching up in Reno) on Saturday, which would be amazing. She wants to see me one last time before I go, and she's flown down for a convention for work. I hope everything works out.


My most favorite thing said at conference was by...Elder Richardson I think. I'll just change it a bit:
My mission has been the best [18 months] for my life.

And I couldn't agree more.


love love love,
sister mack

oh, and September 30 was my official 18-month mark!! WEIRD!!!!!!

0 comments: