Monday, October 17, 2011

Transfer 12 Week 6

Oh holy night. Literally, every Saturday night for the past 4 weeks I've been like, "holy cazolli, Pday is so soon AGAIN. How does that happen so fast?" And here I am, again, writing an email. Legit I feel like I just did this yesterday. Holy holy!!!

Okay, so this week. WE ARE SO BLESSED!!!!! We had 3 nonmembers show up to our YSA ward, 2 who want to meet with us. We had an investigator that we didn't expect to show up SHOW UP at church!!!! Thaddeus is doing SO WELL and we're just so excited. Everyone in our wards are SO GOOD TO US!!!! So blessed. AH I can hardly stand it.

Thaddeus: MAN. Okay, so he was doing so well, and then on Thursday he texted us and said, "hey I need to tell you guys something." And I knew immediately he didn't want to be baptized. So my mind started churning as Sister Knighton called him. He said he didn't want to be baptized anymore but wanted to in the future or something. I felt that wasn't all, so I asked him if I could call him later that night when we were home and he agreed. So as we went through the rest of our evening, I was wondering what could have stopped him because legit he is SO gung-ho. And it hit me--he smoked. He had given up cigarettes the previous 3 days and he smoked again. So that night when I called him I asked him if he had smoked, and sheepishly he said he did. I AM SO THANKFUL THE LORD WILL TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON SO I CAN HELP MY INVESTIGATORS!!!!!!!!!! I would have never thought of that on my own, Heavenly Father just plopped it in my head and it was awesome. MAN how I love the power of the Holy Ghost if we would just LISTEN!!!!!! So he still didn't want to be baptized when we were talking on the phone and so we hung up and we prayed hardcore for him before going to bed. The next day we showed up at his house and talked to him for a bit and BAM everything he was worried about came spilling out. What had happened was that he was talking to a lady who was inactive in our church and not living her life in a way she should be, so she started anti-ing him h-core and he had doubts. But we talked to him for about an hour and bore our souls to him. He was also afraid that we would leave from here and never talk to him again. I told him that was foolish. I am SO thankful to be serving in a place where I can easily keep in contact with my people. They are just that--my people and they will ALWAYS be my people. Thaddeus then invited us to dinner with his Gramma, who asked us for a book of Mormon and whom we want to start teaching. She's so great and needs the love the Gospel can give her.

Mark and Tempest--they came to church!!!!! I was like shocked when I saw them and legit threw them a little party. They need love so badly, and I'm more than willing to give it to them!!! Jeremy and Emily (Jeremy is an investigator and Emily is reactivating) are AMAZING too!!! They are just such tender spirits. I'm so thankful. And Bonnie--she's a potential investigator we've been doing service for--she NEEDS the gospel too, so badly!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I just have so many people to teach about the church--I'm SO thankful that they're here for these last 7 weeks!!!!!

1 transfer from today I'll be emailing my second to last email home. FREAK OUT!!! TIME IS FLYING SO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have never thought that it could move this fast. Why didn't anyone tell me that before I came out?! As a missionary we CANNOT waste a single moment--not a single one!!! We don't have time to waste. Man. MAN MAN MAN!!!!

Joey requested a funny story...but I can't think of any at this moment. So next email I'll try to remember something funny that happened. It'll be awesome.


I love you guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo friggin much. This church is so true. Get on your knees and find out for yourself.


love love love,
sister mack

0 comments: