Monday, October 17, 2011

Transfer 13 Week 1

Hello everybody!!!

First things first: Sister Knighton and myself are together for another transfer!!! I'm the 3rd companion she'll "kill" (meaning she'll be with them when they go home) and I'm her longest companion she's had yet. Go me!!

I was doing a lot of reflecting over the past couple of days and realized how BLESSED we've been the past 6 weeks. Sister Knighton and I have put our hearts and souls out there and have been working so hard. Our investigator pool went from 4 to 10 in the past six weeks. HOW BLESSED ARE WE???? We are working so hard and pray for the guidance of the Spirit every day. I love this work. It's the best work in the world, legit. I am just so thankful!!!!!!!!

We got to have a new missionary stay the night with us last night. It was cool because she's my great-granddaughter according to mission geneology. That's exciting, eh? Who knew? She's a sweet girl from just outside New Orleans and she's got just a vivacious personality and just sincerely wants to work. That's the best. AH I'm so sorry I have to try to speed things up in this email, I have only a little time. Man.

So Thaddeus is up and down. Seriously, he is training me for my own children someday. Over the past 2 weeks I've lost near 2 hours of sleep every night over me worrying about him every night. I still have the 2 packs of cigarettes he gave me so he can stop smoking. Heavenly Father has put a lot of trials in his path, but Thaddeus is strong enough to survive them. He's really amazing.

We got to meet with Mark and Tempest--they're feeding us tonight, so that'll be fun. Got a 3 new investigators: Brenda (late 20s in the YSA), Josie (71 years-old), and Frankie (14 years-old). Frankie we committed to baptism and Josie has a baptism date of September 16. Everyone is so fun. We're so blessed. Frankie is so sweet and really has an earnest desire to learn. We hope tonight we can get Mark and Tempest's son, Chad, to agree to take the lessons. He's a sweet young man, too. AH we are just so blessed right now.

I am so thankful for the time to serve. It was amazing the past 2 days to reflect and see a lot of my fellow missionaries that have become my good friends. Some I don't know when I'll see again, others I know our paths will cross. It was especially good to see Sister Woznow--she's opening an area with another Sister--a Samoan branch!! She's excited and now has to have language study in Samoan. I also got to meet an Elder from Tahiti and it was nice talking to him about how much my grandparents loved serving there.

Holy. I'm so blessed. I've also been studying Christ-like attributes the past 2 weeks. This weeks attribute is humility. I'm excited to learn more about how I can become more like my Savior so that when I come home I'll be able to remain a tool in His hand in the lives of others because I have become more like Him and He can rely on me.

I love you all so much. Enjoy your week and share the gospel!!!

love love love,
sister mack

picture one: Recognize this guy??? Elder Spencer Wagner!!! He served in my home ward when I was in high school I believe!!! Our YSAs had a joint activity.
picture two: Me and Sister Woznow with a sign I made her and pringles I bought her. Good fun!!!


0 comments: