Monday, April 18, 2011

July 5, 2010

So here's how it happens folks.

You eat. You get food poisoning. And then you throw up for an eternity.

I don't remember much about this past week. I'm sure it was great. But everything that happened was over shadowed by the fact that on Thursday night, my comp and I suffered greatly from food poisoning.

We didn't see it coming. Neither of us had really been eating much because our stomachs were being weird, and so Thursday night dinner came and the members took us out to Applebees (curse applebees). We ate, I felt like I ate entirely too much though I only ate half my meal, and then we went to play Volleyball with some investigators. It was pretty fun, and my ward mission leader (who IS related to Leon Fish, Dad) was making a joke of if his team won, I'd be transferred this transfer, and if my team won, I'd get to stay for 9 months. Well, my team was TOTALLY winning hard core, until one of our players left, and Brother Fish was a terrible person and kept serving/hitting the ball to a little 10-year-old on our team who was dreadful. Needless to say we lost 21-25. Lame.

So my comp and I were going home, and one of the members offered to buy us slushies. Now usually, y'all know me, I'd eat it. But I was like, no thank you, I'm pretty sure I'd vomit if I ate it. So we went home. I went upstairs, sat on my bed for a minute, then looked at my comp. "I'm going to go throw up." I went to the bathroom and it seemed like I threw up for 60 seconds STRAIGHT. It was so disgusting. I would describe the vomit, but I figure no one really wants to read that. It was bad. I washed my face, went in my room, changed clothes, then KNOCKED OUT. I was so tired and sickly. Midnight comes around and I go throw up again. 3:30am, up-chuck time AGAIN. The last time I threw up it was the water I had been drinking. So as thirsty as I was, I was not about to drink any water. I wake up and find out my comp had food poisoning--only hers was making its grand exit from her other end. I went and showered, hoping it'd make me feel better, only to discover it was hard to stand up for more than 5 minutes without wanting to vomit. I went downstairs and told the members we lived with that we'd most likely be staying inside because we were feeling really badly, and then went back upstairs and went back to sleep. My comp and I slept nearly 16 hours that day. We barely got up to get ready for the baptism we had that night. We were a sight to see. I was finally able to keep down water and saltine crackers, and my comp was only just barely able to keep in water without having to run to the bathroom immediately. But the baptism went awesome. It was such an incredible experience to witness a family coming together--the whole family less-active or not even members for the baptism of Matthew. He was so excited, too. When he saw me he jumped up and yelled, "SISTER MACK!" And his cousin looked confused and Matthew was like, "she's my missionary." I love when folks call me "their missionary." We have a recent convert, Alex, who is just the most amazing girl. And she'll get a phone call and be like, "hey, can I call you back? My missionaries are here!" And her best friend's dad is the first counselor in the mission presidency, and his wife recently told us that she talks about us all the time and how happy she is to have us as her missionaries.

Saturday we played recovery and still weren't really able to eat much or anything. We went to a stake breakfast, taught an couple lessons, napped (we were still recovering from the poisoning), ate dinner, and then went to a ward fireworks thing. Sunday we taught sharing time about missionaries. In junior primary I asked the kids what missionaries do. One little girl said, "come over and eat dinner." It was so funny. Kids really do say the oddest things. And they really enjoyed our activity--they did a missionary relay race. We ate lunch with the family we live with, and then did some paperwork we needed to catch up on because our appointment cancelled on us (rude). On the 4th (or any big holidays, really) we have to be in the house by 6:00. So we went home, showered, and watched some church movies. It was pretty fun, just chillin'. It was really weird too, though. Because we didn't feel like missionaries. We talked about church, we watched church movies, but we were idle from 6:00pm-10:30 when we went to sleep. 4 and a half hours!!! It was strange. It makes me think of what I used to do at home. How lame. I think when I come home from my mish I'll have better study skills because I'll realize the time that's wasted sitting around.

Hmm...other news...

Joey: Thanks for the pictures. Uh, I didn't know you were attending HOGWARTS!! I SAW THE GREAT HALL!!!! I want to go there immediately after I visit y'all in Seattle. The stories of you in the pub sound cool and I can't wait to tell my comp because she totes loves soccer, though not really professional. She's from Seattle. She's really really cool and I like her a lot. I told her I was going to visit her when I go to seattle because she lives just like 20 minutes outside of it in Kent or something.

this library computer room smells like BO real bad. Disgusting.

Mom and Dad: I got 1 letter, but not the other nor the package. I am sending a letter today with some pictures. My letter writing to y'all is decreasing because I send you a huge email now. I only write letters to other missionaries and Grandma and Evelyn from the ward and I need to write Sister Johnston. Oh, I met the old mission president for the ATL North mission and he told me to tell the Johnston's he says hello because Brother Johnston was his first counselor. Cool, huh?

Justin: You didn't email me this week. You are lame.

Jordan: Go get a chocolate milk, go to the theatre, and watch Eclipse on my behalf.

Whit: Have fun with your mom. I was going to send y'all a letter with pictures, but I don't remember when you're going to Montana.



Anywho, this is the last week of my second transfer. Today I've been in the mission field for 3 months. So weird. Which means I've been away from home for 3 months and 3 weeks tomorrow. Strange how fast time moves. I can't believe it's already 1:11 in the afternoon!!!

Anyway, I love y'all. Go read Mosiah...oh man. 15? I left my scriptures in the car. Lame. It's when Abinidi is talking to King Noah and his wicked priests. It's a really good chapter.


I love y'all very much. Keep being awesome.

Sister Mack

"When life is hard, remember - we are not the first to ask, 'Is there no other way?"
--Jeffrey R. Holland

0 comments: