Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 8 Week 4

I'm dreaming of a white birthday.....

Okay, not really, the snow will probably all be melted by that royal day in which I turn 23 (Saturday). 23..really? Aren't I supposed to be married with 8 kids by now? Haha, naw, I love where I am and what I'm doing more than anything else in the entire world. Legit(ament--just for you Jess).

This week was amazing. I think I told y'all about Calvin's lesson we had last monday--we have another one with him tonight. We had a good week of service and contacting some less-active folks, contacting referrals, and getting TWO new investigators. I tell you what the Lord definitely knows what he's doing. The MOMENT I get discouraged BAM a miracle happens and I have to get after myself for my lack of faith in the Lord and His timing. He is so incredible!!

So our new investigators--Lisa and Erin. Erin is super legit--already wants to be baptized. Her mother, on the other hand, is kinda skeptical, but we've only taught them part of the first lesson. She found it really interesting how we view our relationship with God--that He is, indeed, our loving Heavenly Father. She noted how we pray different from her--she likes how we refer to him as our Heavenly Father. She was really cool, and Erin is just as gold as the sun. She was smiling and super excited about everything, but doesn't think her parents will allow her to be baptized until she's 18. That's why we definitely have to win over her darling mother. I have faith it will happen. Her mom did, however, pay me an amazing compliment. I told her I was nervous to come out on a mission at first because I didn't know hardly anything and I thought Heavenly Father was a tad crazy to pick ME of all people to serve a mission because I didn't know how I'd be able to teach anyone anything. And she looked at me, surprised, and said, "oh no, you're good. You're really good at teaching. And I love your enthusiam about this, it's wonderful." And I was shocked. Was she really talking to me? Because I know I've grown and improved, but being really good? I know it's not me--what she doesn't know is that it's the spirit that I'm blessed with as a missionary, a servant of the Lord. The enthusiasm? I just want EVERYONE in the whole world to know what incredible blessings and guidance can come from living your life righteously and following Christ. SO MUCH good comes from it--how could I not be enthusiastic??

I was reading in Alma (19:31-32) this morning and read something super cool. Well, I've read it before, I've just never applied it in the way the Spirit taught me. It talked about how Ammon and King Lamoni and his wife and folks were trying to teach the multitude of people that had gathered around about God and the mighty change that had come over Lamoni. It says that some heard their words and were converted while others "didn't hear." Yet they were in the same proximity. So what I realized is that some will listen with their spiritual ears and others won't. They don't know how. There are some who are ready for the gospel of Jesus Christ that I'm teaching, and some that are not. Those who are not ready will walk away. But I know that a time will come in their lives where they will want to hear what I had taught them initially. It will come.

This church rocks. Like, literally. I have never felt closer to my Savior or my Heavenly Father in all my life. And, if you could even imagine, my love for my darling family has grown so much. I love my parents so much it shocks me. I get letters from Mom and I'm just tickled to death as I read what she has to say. Emails from Dad are always a high light. And though rare, emails/letters from my brothers are prized. I love you guys more than anything and I'm thankful for the promise that we have that if we all live worthily of it, we can be a forever family. What awesome people to be with for an eternity!!!

I love you all so much. I know I say that every time, but I really mean it. You are the best ever. Keep being awesome and working hard, and I'll email y'all next week...when I'm 23. Weird.

love love love,
Sister Mack

0 comments: