Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 9 Week 3

Conference rocks.

I could send just that sentence and be completely satisfied, but I know Mom and Dad wouldn't appreciate that. So I'll expound on how great this week was.

We had some great lessons with Calvin and Shawn. Calvin's baptismal date is set for Easter Weekend. We sincerely hope everything will come together, and we've been praying for it like crazy, and we know it'd just be an amazing weekend for it to happen for him. Easter is such a huge thing, signifying our Savior's triumph over death, leaving behind a forever empty tomb. Calvin would be leaving behind his past transgressions, bad habits, and doubts about the gospel and be born a new. It'd be so amazing, so we're praying for it. Shawn's baptismal date got pushed back so his friends could come, but still scheduled to happen at the end of this month. He really has changed--we can see it in his countenance. He has kicked a lot of habits (drinking, smoking, coffee) and tells us he feels better, different than he has ever felt before. The Atonement heals all.

General Conference was amazing. I'm so thankful for the words that were said. We went to the Stake center for both of the Saturday sessions, then to members' homes for the Sunday sessions. Sunday morning we showed up at the Chatterly's home at 8:00 and helped them make breakfast. I was put in charge of the bacon. I was armed with a protective oven mit and a foot-long BBQ prong looking thing so I wouldn't be injured by the grease. I should've been wearing a haz-mat suit though because somehow the bacon grease leaped all the way from the pan and onto my face. It was a tragedy. But I survived. They then woke up Calvin and Tanner (who went to prom the night before) and they came downstairs to me singing and playing "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" on the uke I borrowed from some members. After conference we enjoyed a brief game of soccer in the backyard before we had to bust it an go to the Guthries for the second session. We helped make cream puffs and drank capri sun as we listened to conference. It was truly an amazing weekend and I got so many insights for myself and investigators. I love conference. Weird to think that the next one will be happening a couple weeks before I'm home.

My year mark came and went. I treated my companion to ice cream to celebrate. Megan Chatterly gave me a headband for my year mark and I got my new bag from Mom the day before. It is awesome and I feel like a new missionary with it!!

We also walked ~12 miles this week due to lack of a car. I got a little burned, but it has since faded to a sweet little tan.

I love you all so much and am looking forward to another amazing week in the service of our God!!!! Missions are the best.

Love the world, feed a missionary.

love love love,
Sister Mack

0 comments: