Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 6 Week 3

Week three in the cold city. This past week has been very
entertaining. It all starts on Monday night, on our way to our lesson
with the Seamons.

We were with the Gilberts, and Sister Gilbert was trying her hardest
to get me as far away from the snow as possible (I was on the
passenger side middle in the car), but she wasn’t too successful.
Sister Gilbert: Ah, sorry Sister Mack, I can’t get any further away
from the snow without being in the middle of the street!
Me: Oh, no problem at all! I love snow!!

You see, I thought I was having the time of my life with this love
affair with snow. I’ve been praying for snow since I got up here, and
Heavenly Father has been merciful and answered my prayers. So I get
out of the car, take two steps, and then I’m on the ground, laughing
my head off because I had no idea how I had ended up there. Like,
legit. I felt my right leg slipping a bit, and then somehow I was
doing a Michael Jackson move on the ground. The worst part was that I
couldn’t even go to the lesson because their driveway was a slope and
icy, and the only way for me to have gotten up there would have been
to receive a piggy back ride from Sister Gilbert’s son. Anyway…

So I tried to stand up, to no avail. I looked at my ankle and felt a
familiar throbbing…and though, “Oh great, this is perfect!” meanwhile
I was still laughing. So Sister Gilbert’s son, Adam, had to pick me up
off the ground and help me limp into the car. I called the Mission
President’s wife laughing, and we got a good chuckle outta my
misfortune and she gave me some instructions, but we both thought it
was no big deal. Until Tuesday 3/4 of the way through the day when my
ankle hadn’t decreased in size at all. So I got permission to go to
the Doctor. So Wednesday I found out from Dr. Johnson (a member in 1st
ward) that I tore ankle ligaments or something and that I’m to get a
contour immobilizer (like a removable cast) to wear for 3 weeks at
least. I get that today. So Wednesday I got permission to call an
Elder in Fallon who had an air cast and he brought it to me at Turkey
Bowl on Thursday.

All in all, I still love snow, but I have to (unfortunately) love it
from afar. Well, for 3 more weeks :o). But I’m fine, in good spirits,
and working as much as my boot allows me to.

Hmm…we had some awesome lessons this week. Laurie is getting more
upset as we get closer to her Dr’s appointment to find out if she has
the bad cancer or good cancer. I love that woman so much. Harrisons’
are progressing. I’m gaining insight about Austin and Jessica. Sister
Harrison swears I’m here to help them. I connect well with the two of
them, but now it’s just taking that connection and using it to get
them to admit to feeling the spirit. They both know it. They are just
stubborn because I don’t think they want to comply with their mother’s
wishes. I don’t know, I think it’s because it’d be like admitting
she’s right and they need this religion. They do. They know it. But
they’re fighting it with everything inside them. But I have faith in
the Lord and his timing. Both of them will come around eventually.

Seamons family is putting up a bit of a fight. The kids are all for
it, but the parents lack the motivation. It’s hard not to get
frustrated at the lack of motivation, but I know, again, that the Lord
knows his timing, and his timing happens to be perfect. So I just
constantly have to remind myself of that.

Thanksgiving was great. We had Turkey Bowl with all the missionaries
and my zone (Carson City Zone) was the total underdog. BUT WE PULLED
THROUGH AND WON!!! I also made all of our t-shirts/jerseys. It was
awesome and hard work. But I was supposed to be off my feet, so it
gave me something to do for a hot minute. They looked good if I do say
so myself. They’re like the LVW shirts I made, only they say CCZ on
the front of last names or nick names on the back. We ate with the
Snyders, but retired early because Sis K wasn’t feeling hot and I was
ready for my ibprophen or whatever. But I can’t complain.

This work is amazing. I’m so thankful to be a part of it and to have
this trial with my leg so that I can learn something new about
obedience and how to stay diligent when you can’t really move. I’m
looking forward to the challenge. The Lord knows I can handle it, and
that’s why I get to.

I love you all so much. Every day I appreciate more and more the
support of my friends and family. I know I couldn’t do this without
the prayers that are being put into it. So thank you.

0 comments: