Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 3 Week 6

Dun dun DUN!!! This transfer is almost over. It flew by so flippin fast I cannot even believe it!! But this past week has been SO CRAZY!!!!!!!!

First off, today for P-Day activity we played some flippin hard core volleyball. It was good and only took me a game to warm up, and then my serves were KILLER and I was even able to aim them at my ZL. It was a little joke because he wasn't very good at volleyball, but it was highly hilarious his reactions. The Eldersa started calling me cannon arm. I had good sets, good hits, good game all around. It's funny because I think when you show athletics to the Elders they respect you a LITTLE more. I find it entertaining. It was a good activity and our zone got to bond, so that was the best part.

Last Wednesday night we found out that Johnny, Felicia's boyfriend, may not be able to baptize her. She freaked out and started crying and said that there was no way she was being baptized if he couldn't do it. We talked things out a lot (it was worthiness issues on Johnny's part) and nothing was accomplished except that we all were in a panic. We were all crying (except Johnny because he's a man) and then no one wanted to say the closing prayer because we knew we'd cry more. So my companion chose me to say it (even though I am the BIGGEST crier in the world...hmm...I wonder who I get that from MOM). It was the hardest thing to pray because I HAD to say, "and if it be Thy will, please let Johnny be able to baptize Felicia." My comp and I drove home that night beside ourselves. We were upset and flustered and didn't know what to do. I have never prayed so hard in my life for something. I have never had my heart broken before. But when we found out that our family perhaps wasn't going to be baptized together, it was devastating. But I learned in transfer 2 that I am on the LORD'S time, not my own. If Felicia's time to be baptized is August 21, then she would be baptized and everything would work out. We just had to have faith in His plan for her.

The rest of the week moved on accordingly, visits here, lessons there, service all around. We taught Sammy, Felicia's son, the plan of Salvation and used the brownie mix idea again. We also cleaned Felicia's house so that she would come home and be lessed stressed because she TOTALLY shut down from us after Wednesday. It was sad, but with faith mountains can be moved. We also did some other service--shoveling a HUGE mound of rocks (heavy ones too) into containers, over and over and over again. No where else in the US (I feel, at least) would you be shoveling rocks for folks to put in their yards. Just imagine.
Neighbor one: "Ah, look at my rocks. They are looking extra beautiful and gray today."
Neighbor two: "Ah, but look at my rocks. They are nicely cut and well organized."
(argument ensues and rocks are thrown. People are injured and windows broken.)
Lame. Rock gardens are NOT cool.

Okay, I've tried to hold the suspense out for what happened with Felicia long enough. So Sunday I had to teach Music Time in primary. It was fun, I had the kid's attention with my ukelele and played their songs with it. It was really a lot of fun (for the most part) and I gave each child an airhead if they were reverent (and even if they weren't...). And then 12:30 rolled around. Johnny's interview time. Sister Johnson and I went home for our lunch break and to do some paperwork that we needed to catch up on (who would've guessed that missionary work has so much paperwork??). 1:00 rolled by. I was freaking out because Brother Fish (ward mission leader) was supposed to call us to let us know how the interview went with Johnny. And then I realized our phone was on silent. I grabbed it from my bag and saw that we had missed a call from Johnny. Quickly, fingers fumbling, I called voicemail and turned it on speaker. "Hey girls, it's Johnny. I just wanted you to know that I _______ be able to baptize Felicia and the kids...." I heard will. Sister Johnson heard won't. We listend to the message again and again and couldn't decide what it said. I called Brother Fish and he WOULD NOT ANSWER. I called the Bishop, also to no avail. Called Johnny too, and he didn't answer either. I called Brother Fish again. We were in a panic. Until Brother Fish called us back and told us the news. Johnny would be baptizing Felicia. I felt a huge burdon lift off my shoulders and I was hypervenalating. No joke. I was so so SO SO beyond excited. Like WAY beyond. After I hung up with Brother Fish I started crying. You never know how much you love and appreciate people and want the absolute BEST for them until you think it could be slipping away. I was so so so greatful to the Lord and His mercy and that His time was for Felicia to be baptized on Saturday. So Saturday, August 21, I will probably be crying my eyes out as Felicia and her kids enter into the fold of God through baptism. I will witness their confirmation on the following day and see them receive the Holy Ghost. It will be the most touching experience of my mission thus far. I mean, granted, I've only been out for 4 1/2 months (in the field, anyway), but you put EVERYTHING you have into this work. There are heartaches, sorrows, challenges, trials--but EVERYTHING is worth it. Seeing someone else discover their salvation and being the Lord's hands in that situation is worth ANY sacrifice. It's worth it. I am so thankful to be here and serving a mission. I am SO thankful. I cannot say it enough. Nothing has brought me greater joy. Nothing. And I am thankful for this opportunity.

I love you guys so stinking much. My love for my family motivates me when nothing else will. I will wake up and do work even when I feel discouraged or down because I know it's what my family needs me to do. I love you all so much it's embarrassing.

Anyway, keep doing your best to be your best, and the Lord will bless you.

Love love LOVE LOVE,
Sister Mack

0 comments: