Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 7 Week 3

Holla week 3 already!!! Can I just tell you how much I love what I'm doing? It is honestly the BEST thing that could have every happened to me, serving this mission. Legit. It means so much to me to be able to help people recognize how amazing they are and can be--because we are GOD'S CHILDREN!!!! How awesome is that? It hit me yesterday pretty hard how nothing else matters. looks, money, cars, whatever--none of that will ever matter because we are Children of a loving Heavenly Father. THANK GOODNESS!!!

This week was pretty awesome--went down to Walker Branch and chatted with some folks. It was pretty much a mud pit, and on the way up to someone's house I lost a shoe. No biggie, it just got stuck in the mud. It was more fun than anything. We met some amazing people there, and taught Mike a New Member Lesson. Irene, the duaghter that lives there, asked me again to marry her son. I laughed really hard, and then she proceded to tell me that I was too good for him and that she only is asking me to marry him because she likes me. I've been asked by 2 sets of parents now to marry their sons. There must be some love in the air up here...HA!

Oh, really random--I got a wicked bad charlie horse last night. Still feel the after effects. Lame sauce.

WE HAD SOME INCREDIBLE LESSONS THIS WEEK!!!! Holy holy. I absolutely LOVE when the Lord testifies through you. Sometimes I forget that I have the authority and right to receive inspiration for an investigator as long as I am worthy. Friday my comp and I had a really sacred experience with one of our less-actives--a time where I was able to make a promise that I KNOW didn't come from me. It terrified me afterwords because I was like, 'holy night how on EARTH could I have promised that?!"--and then you realize that I didn't make that promise--God did through me. It was awesome. We had a variety of those experiences where i have felt inspiration--I think I'm learning to understand inspiration for what it is and when it comes. It's super cool for reals. I'm finally getting the hang of not only listening, but understanding and applying. That's huge.

Sunday we had 6 investigators at church (BOMB.COM FOR SURE) and an incredible lesson with Jake, a 15-year-old boy and Macy, his 8-year-old sister. It was incredibly awesome. His mom has been inactive since she was 11, but she is totally supportive of her children. We can't count Macy as an investigator because she's 8, but it's still cool to see her and teach her. If my companion and I work our hardest, we could have 4 baptisms by the end of February. Of course, I still recognize the Lord's timing in all things, and that's essential to being successful. But MAN I'm just super excited about everything. Being able to witness how much the Gospel has changed Nichole Harrison and her family. HOLY MOLY I'm just beyond stoked--you have no idea. This gospel is true. Everything about it. There isn't a single thing that is missing or out of place. And I KNOW that more than I know my name. It's incredible. If folks just give it a chance, it'll for sure change your life. I know because it's changed mine.

Anyway, I love y'all more than life. OH AND I GOT THE VIDEO THINGIE!! Flip--MAN it was so awesome. I laughed so hard. Uh, Ryan Greenburg, you are a spreader of falsehood--I got no such "writing" from you on the 26 day of December or thereafter. Repent of your lying ways ;o)


you are all the best. EVER.

love love love,
Sister Mack

0 comments: