Monday, April 25, 2011

Transfer 9 Week 6

I know this probably gets old, but I cannot believe that this is the last week of transfer 2 in Reno. Almost 3 months has been spent here. I feel like it's been like 2 days. Crazy.

So a couple really cool things happened this week. First, Elizabeth has a baptismal date!! May 21st. She told us when we went to her lesson on Tuesday that she was ready, and we were like, "oh, well, in that case, how would you like to be baptized May 21st? It was bomb. She's so amazing and I'm thankful for her desire to be better. She also was floored at the amount of money we get as missionaries, so she wants to make us care packages. And did I mention she's a gormet chef? Don't worry parents, I'm asking her to teach me the ways. She made us stuffed chicken tuesday and it was the most amazing stuff. I have also added green beans and other foods that used to not be in my food vocab to my diet. Mommy, you'd be proud.

Saturday was awesome--we had a girl, Camilla, spend the day with us and do missionary stuff. It was brilliant. We got another less-active family to teach and a new investigator!! Hopefully his sons will show interest too--that'd be so cool to teach that family!! The man, Paul, really needs the gospel in his life. He's been stuggling hard core with some things and being a single dad and he needs the constant of the church. I'm excited for him. Camilla was great and really sweet with everyone--some of the people we visted were older and were tickled that someone as young and beautiful as her would come and listen to them and show love towards them. We also found out we'll be doing something similar to this next saturday--except with FOUR girls. We're excited though.

Easter was amazing, of course. We got a couple Easter baskets from the 8-11 year old girls and from the Chatterley's in Galena ward. We got to do a couple Easter egg hunts (not as violent as the ones we have back home though, haha). We had dinner and played an awesome game of sequence. It's so fun. I love that game. I was on the same team as Sister Brinkerhoff, a psychologist in Galena ward. Her daughter knows I want to now go into psychology and jazz and so we were "team psycho." Needless to say we won both rounds :o). We then met with new investigator #2, Jacqui. Holy holy she's amazing and the gospel is PERFECT for her (but then again, it's perfect for everyone). She said she feels lonely and misses the sense of family. She's a single mom and also said that she wants good values for her daughter and good friends, and a good, safe church environment. She's very honest and brilliant, looks 26 but really she's 40 (does NOT look 40 AT ALL) So amazing. AH I'm just beside myself. We have been so blessed as of late in the missionary work here and I'm just so humbled by the love Heavenly Father shows all His children. How fortunate am I to be a part of this great work and help others come to the light Jesus Christ offers for us? WE ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!

Transfers are coming up this weekend--April 30. It could go any way, but I really hope I get to stay just one more. I'd be satisfied with that. It freaks me out that I only have 4 transfers left. Time flies too fast. I wake up in the morning, wondering how I got to where I am. I've grown so much, but at the same time I feel like it hasn't been anything. I am excited for the continued growth I will get to experience.

I love my life. Really, honestly I do. I'm doing the best thing for me right now, and the best thing for others. I love this opportunity to "forget [myself] and get to work." I look forward to being a part of this work for the rest of my life.

I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for EVERYTHING, even if we did find out we may have to push Calvin's baptism back 'til June. But that's okay--we're on the Lord's time, not our own.

love love love,
Sister Mack

just a coupla pictures


me with a baby duck someone found


a terrible picture of sis dixon, elizabeth (bap date o5.21.2o11), and myself. She made that beautiful cake.


I call this "the lone cow"


sheep!!

0 comments: