Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 9 Week 2

Que pasa my wonderful family?

The beautiful city of Reno is winning my heart. I love the members here. I love the people I'm serving. Everyone is nice and smiles and is just delightful. I am so excited that I was able to survive the first 3 crazy weeks and now I have a solid foundation in the wards here. We are so blessed!!!

So first things first, we had a BOMB lesson with Calvin last Monday. He was shaky about his desire to be baptised and didn't know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. So we went over there (Sister Dixon, Sister Knighton and I--we had a temporary 3some), and watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. The spirit was strong as the movie came to an end, probably 6 of the 8 people there with wet eyes. Bro and Sister Chatterly bore amazing testimonies of Joseph Smith as Calvin listened aptly. Then Tanner, their 16 year-old son, bore an amazing testimony that touched my heart, followed by another amazing testimony from Conner, a 17-year-old friend of Calvin and Tanner's. Meanwhile I was praying as hard as I could to have my companion or I know what to say. The Lord blessed me--I knew I was supposed to push Calvin (as I always seem to do), and have him kneel in prayer with all of us, asking if Joseph Smith was a prophet and if what we've taught him is true about the gospel. He took on my challenge and we all knelt together, Calvin offering a humble and simple prayer, thanking Heavenly Father for so many things. Then it came down to him asking is Joseph Smith was a prophet--and Calvin got choked up. He asked if what we've taught is true. I love the way he asked too--he said, "Heavenly Father, if you could please show me somehow that what the Sisters have taught me is true, and if Joseph Smith is a prophet..." and he could hardly get out what he wanted to. He closed his prayer and apologised for crying. We were all in tears--and Sister Chatterly had to leave the room because she was going to lose it. One of the most spiritual experiences of my life. Calvin couldn't stop crying or shaking after that prayer, and we told him it was the Spirit. He now knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and what we've taught him is true. How amazing it is to know that the Lord hears and answers prayers!!!

We also had the opportunity to teach several other lessons this week with great people that the Lord is blessing us with. We have referrals and potential to get 3-5 new investigators within the next week or so. I am so thrilled!!! I love Reno. We also got to go to the General Young Women's broadcast on this past Saturday. The choir sang a beautiful rendition of "I know that my Redeemer Lives." I love that song because of the simple truth it proclaims--our Savior lives. He lives and He loves us and He wants us to be happy. He wants us to come unto Him, to follow His path, to pray, to study scriptures, to humble ourselves before Him so He can guide us. I love Him. So much.

OH!!! I updated my www.mormon.org profile page, too!! http://mormon.org/me/39MQ/ check it out, it's better this time around.

I finally finished the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon recently. In companionship study this morning I came across a scripture in preparation for one of our lessons this evening. It's Alma 37 :46 and the end says, "...The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever." In the next verse it says, "...see that ye look to God and live." Jesus Christ is the way, the life, and the truth. If we look to Him, do as He did, be baptised as He was, serve and love as He did, we may live as He does--forever with our Father in Heaven.

I love you guys and my mission so much. Have faith, endure, and look unto Christ in every thought; Doubt not, Fear not (Doctrine and Covenants...I forget where. oops).

Love love love,
Sister Mack


PS--CONGRATS VANHIN GAMBLIN ON YOUR FIRST BAPTISM IN FINLAND!!!! THAT'S SO INCREDIBLE!!!

0 comments: