Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 8 Week 5

Holy cow, time FLIES!!!! I'm so thankful for everything that has been going on AHH's crazy. This email is going to be pretty scatter-brained, but that's how I work because I have 5 minutes to write this!!!

--Sister Sonny Pritchard needs to know that an English couple she trained on her mission in SLC lives in my Galena ward and they told me to tell her hello!!! The lady looks indian and was born in Kenya.
--I love the set-a-date program that my ward is doing. It's so amazing. Last week we were doing it and I testifired that I'm a servant of the Lord, speaking on His behalf and asking them to act on their faith in Him. I was overwhelmed suddenly with how fortunate I am to be able to say that, to be able to act on His behalf, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He were here. I teared up a little bit and moved on, but I was touched by how incredible that felt.
--We got to meet the most incredible lady in the world--Sarah Foster. She's been in a Regent Care Center recovering from many surgeries since November. We met with her, I learned how to read lips REAL quick (she can't talk) and we just held her hand and chatted. We got to go back on my birthday and we sang Sister Kim's version of "Called to Serve" and it was hard not to cry (dang...I do that a lot) because really truly, I am called to serve Him, chosen to witness on behalf of His name. To everyone. The sick, afflicted, lonely--everyone. We got to sing to someone else across the hall from her--Dale--because he asked us to. Amazing missionary opportunities, just helping people realize someone loves them.
--On Tuesday I believe we went and ate with the Fisks. She's a single mom of 5, and struggles, and her son asked me to go outside and play basketball with him. So I did, in a skirt, and beat him (oops). He then asked me to have a spit contest with him. Though my mother would be appauled, I happily did so and beat him. He asked me how I learned to spit so well--I told him my daddy taught me :o) hahahaha so awesome.
--My birthday was amazing. I woke up to cake, streamers, and silly-string (in my mouth) from Sisters Dixon, Kim, and Knighton. They got permission to spend the night to visit Sarah with us.
--Last Sunday on the way to church I killed a pigeon. It was suicidal, clearly, but now I'm not only the Santa Slayer, but a Bird Killer. Ooopsies.
--SPLITS we did splits and I went back to Gardnerville with Sister Leilua. It was so amazing.

Wow, this email is brief, but thanks to EVYERONE for the birthday wishes and love. I love you guys so much and miss you!!!

love love love,
Ssiter Mack

0 comments: