Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 5 Week 3

Holla for Garnderville!!!

Welcome email newcomers Lea and the Walkers!!! I don't have time to
individually email y'all, but hopefully I'll have time this week while
my comp is recovering from surgery to write y'all!!

What an eventful past week. My comp got sick with something, putting
her out of commission for 2 1/2 days and giving me plenty of time to
read my scriptures and really learn to use the Gospel Study Journal
that Julie gave me. I am amazed over and over at how amazing the
scriptrues are and how they speak directly to each of us. I have found
great comfort in Romans 8 this week, especially in vs. 38-39. We are
told that NOTHING separates us from the love of God except things that
WE do as humans. AH what a relief.

We also had the most amazing experience this week with having Elder
Pearson from the 70 come to speak to us on our mission tour. I was
moved to tears on several occasions and learned how little time I have
to really work. Folks say how hard they are trying to follow the
rules, to be a good missionary, to be 100% obedient. But what I
learned is that we don't have time to try. We only have time to do.
Really, in the realm of eternity how much time is our time on earth?
We don't have time to try to follow God's commandments, to try to be a
better person--we must be proactive and do.

We also had an amazing opportunity to teach a family last night about
prayer. We focused on the 14-year-old boy and the spirit was so
incredibly strong. I haven't cried like that in a lesson for a while
and I truly felt like the Lord's mouthpiece as I spoke to the boy
about how much God loves and cares for him and wants to hear from him.
It was a good lesson.

I'm learning a lot this transfer to truly rely on the Lord. It's hard,
but He is the only one that keeps me moving sometimes. But I'm
learning, and He's willing to teach me, so I'm going to take him up on
that.

My comp goes into surgery this Wednesday to remove her gall bladder.
So I'll have some time between splits to write letters this week
hopefully.


And now my time on the computer is spent. I love you all and pray for you daily.

love love LOVE,
Sister MAck
"look unto me in every thought; doubt not fear not" dc 6:36

0 comments: