Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 6 Week 4

Hello from Gardnerville!! and holy cow we're in week 4 already?!

This past week has been amazing. We got a new investigator, had some
amazing lessons, and have witnessed miracles.

Tuesday night one of our wards we serve in had “operation lost sheep”
where we went and knocked on as many doors that we could of folks we
didn’t know—and that consisted of just over 100 families!! And you’d
never guess—we had every door opened to us. We knocked on 6, and
though all six of the them weren’t necessarily interested in coming
back, they were all happy that we stopped by and said that my comp and
I could come back later. ONE of the lady’s sons actually came to
church and activities this past week!!! We don’t want to push him, but
December is going to be a month of miracles, I just know it!!!

My ankle is doing better, but I was put on crutches for 3 weeks, which
is uber lame. But I’ve learned (slowly) how to really move on them, so
now I travel quite quickly. My comp nearly has to jog to keep up with
me at times :o)

I’m obsessed with the Harrison family. They are just the most amazing
family in the universe. Sister Harrison (a less active) has so much
faith and is coming back to church full-force. She recognizes Satan’s
influences around her and doesn’t allow it to weaken her drive towards
the temple. She’s so amazing. She pushes us too—always asking us
questions that I somehow JUST READ about in personal study that day,
or seeing insights in the scriptures I never thought about, and thanks
to her I’m really learning how to listen to the spirit. Legit. It’s so
cool to have the spirit remind you of things you know and put words in
your mouth to answer other folks’ questions. I just cannot get over
how amazing it is. This is the greatest work on earth. For real. Her
kids, however, are struggling. Her older two that we’ve been teaching
have been really resistant and I’m trying to figure out why. It’s a
puzzle to me. But sometimes people just aren’t ready to hear the
gospel. And I need to be patient and trust in the Lord.

Church is amazing. I love our Sunday School class, the gospel
principles. We have some of the most amazing conversations in there
with people who have just joined the church and it is just so
uplifting. Their testimonies are SO STRONG and they have such a desire
to learn more about our Savior. It just tickles me to be in there and
listen. Everyone should go to that class for a year, just to learn
again the fundamentals of this gospel.

I love Christmas time. Especially out here in the field. And in this
small town. EVERYONE decorates their house…like, to the extreme. It’s
so fun to drive around (when we’re lost or looking for a destination)
and see all the lights and blow-up animals and stuff. The people here
are just so friendly and genuine. One lady in Wal-Mart last Monday
chastised me for walking without my crutches or the cart (I had
escaped just for a moment…), but then she smiled and laughed and we
had a short conversation. It’s just so great.

I’m so fortunate to be here. I cannot express it enough. I’m thankful
that it took me as long as it did to recognize the prompting of the
spirit to serve a mission. Because this is the time I’m supposed to be
here. I’m where I should be.

I love you all so much and pray for you. Keep a hold of the iron rod,
go to church, and pray. And read your scriptures. And do missionary
work. :o)

0 comments: