Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 8 Week 3

Holy Holy, Holy Moly. Can I just inform y'all AGAIN of how much I love this work? I mean FOR REALZ!!!! So incredible. The Lord, in His wisdom and mercy, has been teaching me like WOAH recently--teaching me to become more humble and rely on Him more. He's trying to get it through my thick skull that this is HIS work, not mine--no matter what I think. I'm realizing that knowing that is a daily struggle for me. Legit. I don't know why it's so hard for me to grasp sometimes, but really it is!!

Okay, so amazing insights this week: Hymn #221 (Dear to the heart of the shepherd) was pretty much written for me out here in this mission. Legit. "Out in the desert they wander, hungry and helpless and cold. Off to the rescue he (Christ) (or we--missionaries) hastens, bringing them back to the fold..." "make us thy true undershepherd, give us a love that is deep. Send us out into the desert, seeking thy wandering sheep." I absolutely LOVE that. It speaks to sclearly to me. He sent ME to the desert (quite literally) to find his wandering sheep. Because He loves EACH OF US so dad gum much. I cannot get over that. NEXT amazing insight: Matthew 8:7 "And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him." Short, simple verse, but there is so much to gain from it. Christ was asked by this man to come and heal his servant who had palsy, and Christ immediately said that he would come and heal. He is SO willing to come and heal us immediately--we just have to ask and have faith. He has come and WILL come. I know that. John 9:5 "As longas I am in the world, I am the light of the world." If we allow Christ to be in our world, he will be our guiding light. We just have to make him the center.

Sooo...as you might could tell, I have been studying the New Testament along with the Book of Mormon recently. I am so amazed at how the Bible and Book of Mormon compliment eachother. EVERY TEACHING the Bible has, the Book of Mormon does too. It just solidifies my testimony of the truthfulness of everything I teach with the help of the Savior.

And last night. Holy moly. I had the most spiritual lesson I've had in a while. We were teaching Calvin, a new investigator that we have now that the Chatterly family referred to us. We were in the Chatterly home teaching, and the lesson was going great. Everything flowed perfectly. The Chatterlys all bore witness and shared experiences that supported everything we were teaching. Holy cow it was seriously the most amazing experience. I felt prompted to share my own personal experience of gaining a testimony all over again on my mission and right before and then BAM I was no longer speaking--it was 100% the spirit. I don't remember a single word I said--all I remember is looking around the room as I was talking, seeing everyone crying (including myself), and thinking, "woah, we're all crying and the spirit is awesome right now. This is so cool!" I heard some smart things come out of my mouth that I had no clue about. And I was only able to do that because of my obedience that I've been hammering down on. Exactness is the key, sacrifice is the price. I was willing to sacrifice little things like getting 50 minutes of personal study instead of the full hour. Little things. Little adjustments. I made sure I was ready to be able to have the spirit with me. And it was so amazing. I will never forget that experience last night.

I love this work more than anything I've done in my life--and that's saying something. I love theatre and performing so much--so much so that I was willing to sacrifice ANYTHING for it. But I've learned that there is more to life than applause and the stage and the lights--there are people. There is Christ. There is family. There is love. Love is really what it's all about. God loves us.

I love you guys so much. Thanks for your encouragement and love. Keep being awesome.

Love love love,
Sister Mack.

0 comments: