Monday, April 18, 2011

Transfer 8 Week 6

Wooah crazies, week 6 up here in Reno!!! Time flies. I can't believe this. Soon enough I'll hit my year mark and BAM before I know it I'll be home. What is up with that??????

A few super cool things that happened this week: I SAW WILD HORSES!!!! On our way up to Viginia Highlands (which is right outside Virginia City), we got a little lost (oopsies) and passed by some WILD HORSES in some folks' front yard!! Could you imagine waking up in the morning with a herd of wild horses? AND there was a baby one, too. It was so precious. Of course I took a video of it using my best Steve Irwin voice.

AND THE LORD IS AMAZING!!!! We were blessed with 2 new investigators this week!!!! Shawn and Marty. We're super excited about them--Shawn is totally solid and ready for baptism and Marty will come along as his wife (who is less-active) comes along. It's so incredible. We are so blessed in this area. I was also blessed with an influx of birthday cards this week!!! Thank you to all those who made my only birthday in the mission field special. It was really nice to hear from a bunch of folks.

We went to the regent care center to meet with Sarah again--this time I decided to buy her fake flowers to add some color to her room, and my companion bought her a picture of Christ. Once again upon our arrival she was sleeping, so we left a note and went in search of our new friend, Brother Wade. He is SO AWESOME!!!!! I asked him if he'd like a book of Mormon and he was so humble and was like, "could I please?" He also told us that when he gets out of there (in 2-3 weeks) he wants to come to church with us!! Through service and kind words EVERYONE can be reached. Whether they are ready or not is another story. But Brother Wade is so awesome. He said that it was great to see us and that he could truly tell that we loved Christ because he saw a glow in our faces. People talk about this "glow" we have as missionaries, and it's been mentioned to me a couple of times, but mostly by members. Wade mentioned it, and the spirit was truly in the room as we talked about Christ and the Book of Mormon. We're going back--but this time I'm borrowing a member's ukulele and we're going to sing for folks. There are just some people there that are so lonely. Anything that we can do helps. I'm thankful for this opportunity.

I am so thankful for the scriptures. As April 1st draws closer, I turn through the pages in the Book of Mormon faster. It is incredible to "speed-read" through it and see how much Christ is involved. I love my Savior so much and I'm thankful for the guidance and direction he gives us through the Book of Mormon. It is, legit, an instruction manuel to life. I wish I had recognized that sooner, but that's okay. Better late than never.

I love you all so much and I'm thankful for the impact each of you has made on my life. I am such a better person now than I was before. I am thankful for the healing powers of Christ's Atonement. I am thankful for His love and gentle guidance. I am thankful for His love for ALL mankind, and for the love that He has blessed me with to teach people. It keeps me going every day--even when the day seems bleak. There is always a dawn to every night. Light will always win. And that light is our Savior, Jesus Christ.

love love love,
Sister Mack

0 comments: